Roasted Pork Fillet, Pear, Rocket and Pine Nut Salad with Honey and Balsamic Dressing
500gm pork fillet
2 tbs vegetable oil
1 packham pear, finely sliced
1 witlof, leaves torn
50gm pine nuts, toasted
1 golden shallot, finely sliced
¼ cup sage leaves, picked
¼ cup vegetable oil
50gm parmesan cheese, shaved
30ml balsamic vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
30ml extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Dry the pork fillet on paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a heavy based frypan, heat the oil and sear the fillet on all sides, then transfer to the oven for 6 – 8 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
5. Whisk together the honey, balsamic, mustard and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
6. In a small saucepan, heat the ¼ cup oil until it reaches 180°C and quickly fry the sage leaves until they are crisp. Drain on paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
7. Finely slice the pork fillet and gently toss with the rocket, witlof, pear, pine nuts, shallot and dressing, and transfer to a serving bowl.
8. Garnish with the crispy sage and shaved parmesan.
More Honey Recipes
Honey is an amazing ingredient to add to any recipe. Presented by Village Kitchen, our celebrity chefs will serve up some amazing honey-inspired sweet and savoury recipes.View All