Spanish Cassola of Lamb with Chorizo, Tomatoes and Chickpeas
300gm chorizo, sliced into 1cm rounds
1kg diced lamb shoulder
1 red onion, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp fennel seeds
2tbs olive oil
2tbs tomato paste
1 x 400gm tin diced tomatoes
2tsp sweet paprika
1tsp smoked paprika
1tsp ground coriander
2 bay leaves
500ml beef or chicken stock
1 x 400gm tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
salt and pepper
1. Fry the slices of chorizo until lightly browned, drain and place in the bottom of an ovenproof casserole dish.
2. Season the diced lamb with salt and pepper and fry in batches until well coloured all over. Drain off any excess fat and add to the casserole dish.
3. Sauté the onion, garlic, and fennel seeds in the olive oil until soft.
4. Add the tomato paste and fry, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
5. Add the tinned tomatoes, paprika, smoked paprika, coriander, bay leaves, stock and chickpeas and cook over a medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and pour over the lamb and chorizo. Cover with a tight-fitting lid or foil. Cook for 3 hours at 150°C or until the lamb is tender.
7. Check the seasoning and stir through the chopped parsley.
8. Serve with a simple green salad and lots of crusty warm sourdough bread.
Camerata Kindergarten Performances
22 & 23 September, 9AM, 10AM & 11AMView Event
Brisbane Festival present Wearable Wonders
3 - 25 September, Multiple datesView Event
Brisbane Festival present Sense the Connection
Saturday 11 & 18 September, 3:30PM and 5PMView Event
Brisbane Festival present LOST
3 - 25 September
A free and enchanting wonderland of extinct and endangered floral illuminations.View Event
Songs at Sunset
Friday 15 October, 5:30pmView Event
Beeswax Candle Workshops with Bee One Third
Saturday 9 and 30 October, 11amView Event