Smoked Ham, Leek and Brie Quiche
2 sheets ready rolled short crust pastry
250g smoked ham, shredded
100g Brie, sliced 3mm thick
1 large leek, washed and diced
1 golden shallot, finely diced
1 tbs butter
1 whole egg
4 egg yolks
300ml thickened cream
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
Salt and pepper
1. Line a 26cm round or a 13 x 36cm rectangular non-stick quiche tin with the short crust pastry, and blind bake at 180ºC for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is just cooked.
2. Sweat the diced leek and shallot in butter until they become soft.
3. Whisk together the egg, yolks, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
4. Scatter the ham and leek/shallot mixture over the bottom of the cooked pastry shell, and pour in the egg mixture.
5. Arrange the slices of Brie on top of the egg mixture.
6. Sprinkle with thyme leaves.
7. Bake at 160ºC for approximately 30 minutes (the egg mixture should be just set).
8. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.