Chicken broth with ginger, turmeric and lemongrass
1 x 1.4kg chicken
60g ginger, cut into julienne
15g fresh turmeric, finely chopped
1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, very thinly sliced
2 green shallots, sliced on the angle
1 small bunch coriander, leaves picked Handful kale leaves
lime wedges, to serve
1. Bring 3 litres of water to the boil in a large saucepan.
2. Add chicken, season lightly with salt and bring back to the boil.
3. Boil for 2 minutes, then cover, turn off the heat and set aside to cool completely in stock (4 hours).
4. Remove chicken and discard skin
5. Remove meat from bones and coarsely chop.
6. Return stock to the heat, add ginger, turmeric and lemongrass, bring to the boil and season to taste.
7. Divide chicken among bowls, top up with stock, scatter with spring onion, coriander and kale leaves, and serve with lime wedges.
Camerata Kindergarten Performances
22 & 23 September, 9AM, 10AM & 11AMView Event
Brisbane Festival present Wearable Wonders
3 - 25 September, Multiple datesView Event
Brisbane Festival present Sense the Connection
Saturday 11 & 18 September, 3:30PM and 5PMView Event
Brisbane Festival present LOST
3 - 25 September
A free and enchanting wonderland of extinct and endangered floral illuminations.View Event
Songs at Sunset
Friday 15 October, 5:30pmView Event
Beeswax Candle Workshops with Bee One Third
Saturday 9 and 30 October, 11amView Event