Chicken broth with ginger, turmeric and lemongrass
1 x 1.4kg chicken
60g ginger, cut into julienne
15g fresh turmeric, finely chopped
1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, very thinly sliced
2 green shallots, sliced on the angle
1 small bunch coriander, leaves picked Handful kale leaves
lime wedges, to serve
1. Bring 3 litres of water to the boil in a large saucepan.
2. Add chicken, season lightly with salt and bring back to the boil.
3. Boil for 2 minutes, then cover, turn off the heat and set aside to cool completely in stock (4 hours).
4. Remove chicken and discard skin
5. Remove meat from bones and coarsely chop.
6. Return stock to the heat, add ginger, turmeric and lemongrass, bring to the boil and season to taste.
7. Divide chicken among bowls, top up with stock, scatter with spring onion, coriander and kale leaves, and serve with lime wedges.
Brisbane Festival present Mars
20 - 24 September
A close encounter with the red planet.View Event
Brisbane Festival present Gaia
13 - 18 September
An intimate encounter with our home planet.View Event
Brisbane Festival present Museum of the Moon
2 - 11 September
Explore the mysterious side of the moon.View Event
Monday - Wednesday, 9:30am - 11amView Event