Chicken and Shiitake Mushroom Wontons with Honey, Soy and Pickled Ginger Dipping Sauce
250gm chicken mince
10gm dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in boiling water for 1 hour then finely diced
1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
1 spring onion, finely sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbs soy sauce
pinch of white pepper
1 tsp cornflour
24 wonton wrappers
2 cups vegetable oil for frying
25ml soy sauce
25ml pickled ginger juice<
2 tbs finely chopped pickled ginger
Finely sliced spring onion and coriander to garnish
1.Mix together the chicken mince, shiitakes, ginger, spring onion, garlic, coriander sesame oil, soy, pepper and cornflour.
2. Line a tray with baking paper or plastic wrap.
3. Lay six wonton wrappers out and place a heaped teaspoon of filling on each. Lightly wet the edges of one wrapper and bring all edges in to form a tight little money bag shape. Place on the tray.
4. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and mix, spacing the wontons out well on the tray.
5. At this point, the wontons can be frozen until needed if desired.
6. Stir together the honey, soy sauce, ginger juice and pickled ginger.
7. In a medium saucepan, heat the vegetable oil to 180°C and cook the wontons 6 at a time until golden and crispy.
8. Drain on absorbent paper and keep warm in a low oven until all are done.
9. Serve with the dipping sauce and garnish with spring onions and coriander.
More Honey Recipes
Honey is an amazing ingredient to add to any recipe. Presented by Village Kitchen, our celebrity chefs will serve up some amazing honey-inspired sweet and savoury recipes.View All